Good and decent law-abiding Americans are losing their businesses, facing large fines and prison time…not for committing fraud, robbery or murder. They are being systematically targeted and destroyed for the crime of being true to their religious beliefs…their faith.
- The Giffords of Liberty Ridge Farm in Schaghticoke, NY were sued for refusing to cater a gay wedding on the grounds of their religious beliefs in 2012.
- The owners of Gortz Haus in Grimes, Iowa face the same fate in 2013.
- Aaron Klein of Sweet Cakes by Melissa in Gresham, Oregon violated the Oregon Equality Act of 2007 when he and his wife refused to bake a cake for a lesbian wedding on the basis of his religious beliefs in January of 2013.
- Colorado baker Jack Phillips was ordered by a judge in January 2014 to bake a wedding cake for Charlie Craig and David Mullins.
- Idaho ministers Donald and Evelyn Knapp face fines and jail time for refusing to accommodate same-sex marriage at their Hitching Post in 2014.
- Houston area pastors and ministers are ordered to “turn over their sermons” by the Mayor of Houston (who happens to be homosexual) last fall!
- The O’Connor Family were forced to close their family pizzeria in Indiana for simply expressing their support of the new “Religious Freedom” law in March of this year!
I feel as though I am writing the obituary of a loved one as I write today’s blog. If I could look inside the mind of those who somehow think they are winning anything at all by empowering their own government as an overly-eager hitman to take out their neighbors for holding different views, what would I see? In a word…denial. I would see a person so effectively conditioned to view themselves as victims, they are literally blind to the murder they are in the act of committing…against an entire nation!
I have followed the trail of glaring clues to this crime scene for the past six years. We were warned over the years by courageous whistleblowers who gave themselves to be targeted, marginalized and silenced. We did nothing! We are no different than the Spring Break “bystanders” who did nothing to stop the rape occurring under their own feet! Only the spiritually dead are so…incapable!
I attended a special New York Faith and Freedom viewing of the movie “Light Wins” this past Sunday evening. Every American needs to see this movie regardless of their political or religious beliefs. Charlie Craig and David Mullins are not monsters, they are mistaken. We all need to look beyond ourselves to fully appreciate the scene of the crime…before we give up the ghost we will never get back. View the awesome trailer here.