Did you know?
- In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
- In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
- Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
- China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
- Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
- Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
- Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
- Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million!
When I was a kid growing up in Wyckoff, NJ I remember being taught how to use and respect a gun. I used to go to an NRA range in Ridgewood to shoot with my buddy Jack.
Our national dialogue on gun control is understandably emotional at this very sad and tragic moment in time. I hope that we can all take a step back in order to take a much needed dialogue from the heat of emotional to the calm of rational…and when we get there I would like to make one very critical point.
- The Framers did not create the 2nd Amendment so that future generations could enjoy the unfettered freedom to go “squirrel hunting”! The right to arm oneself is viewed as a personal liberty to deter undemocratic or oppressive governing bodies from forming and to repel impending invasions.
…to deter undemocratic or oppressive governing bodies from forming! Let that sink in a moment. Now I’ve added a link below to a very, very powerful youtube that talks about trains, singing and 545 people. These are the 545 people who, just as in the days of our Founders, run our country…with one slight difference. In our Founder’s day these were exceptional men, learned and scholarly. Today they make up the largest concentration of per-capita moral degeneracy in the entire country…perhaps the entire world! AND, they aren’t very bright…many are certifiable morons ~ Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX), who sits on the House Science Committee’s space subcommittee, actually asked the following question; “Did the MARS Pathfinder take an image of the flag planted there in 1969 by Neil Armstrong?” 🙂 🙂 🙂
Now did you know that this year there are 600, 000 registered hunters in Wisconsin, 750,000 in Pennsylvania, 700, 000 in Michigan, 250,000 in West Virginia? Do you know what you have when you add all the registered hunters from the other 46 states to that list? The world’s largest army! Do you know what I have to say about that?
And you will too after you watch this ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EH_Izul6J5M