Holistic Education ~ “a philosophy of education based on the premise that each person finds identity, meaning, and purpose in life through connections to the community, to the natural world, and to humanitarian values such as compassion and peace.”~ Wikipedia
Good Sunday morning dear friend! As you may have noticed, our world is in flames. As I was thinking about two very different TV shows my family watches, this morning’s Tune-up began to materialize. The conversation we had at the dinner table last night was the ultimate catalyst that sealed the deal!
As I read the story behind the quote above about what is happening in Scotland, I thought to myself, how does any loving parent turn over their children to some nameless and faceless bureaucrat? I guess that’s what started me thinking about family…parents and Common Core. I wondered how people living in the same world speaking the same language could possibly allow these things. So we’re sitting at the dinner table last night and our daughter’s friend Sarah who’s just come back from a “Social Justice” field-trip to Washington DC, is our guest. Within minutes of asking her what the #1 take-away-lesson was from her little journey, I learn that God’s greatest gift isn’t a person until the shoulders appear from the birth canal! Even my Liberal wife appeared stunned!
So thinking about the family in the TV show “Blue Bloods” who pray together at the dinner table in every episode, juxtaposed to the TV show “Modern Family” who don’t…I realize it is ALL about family and what has been done to it! They’ve changed our words and meanings…and the rest, as they say, is history! (Each numbered term has it’s corresponding perversion).
Family (Husband, Wife, Children, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Nieces, Nephews, & Grandparents)
1) Education– The process of learning how to think, reason and create.
2) Money– Something to be earned.
3) Self-Sufficiency– Something to aspire to.
4) Free-Market Capitalism– Healthy Commerce & Exchange of goods & services.
5) Home Rule– Political Accountability by Proximity (the artichoke) 🙂
6) Energy Independence- So our kids can go to college instead of Afghanistan!
7) Justice– …is blind for a reason!
8) Crime– An illegal act. Period!
9) 2nd Amendment– Our right to keep & bear arms shall NOT be infringed!
10) Un-constitutional– “All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void.” ~ Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176.
11) Individualism– The Golden Goose of our society!
12) Weather– Natural conditions resulting from natural conditions.
13) Climate– Natural conditions at a given time and place.
14) Common Sense– Trust in your self
15) Competition– The engine oil of capitalism and the human condition.
16) Brotherhood– The natural fruit of a free society.
17) Stewardship– To leave the world a better place.
18) Community– The cohesion of Society
Modern Family (Some funny people, cute kids and a foxy babe who happen to live together)
1) Holistic Education– The elimination of Mom, Dad & God
2) Bitcoin– Digital Shell Game
3) Bail-out– Corporate Welfare
4) Bail-in– Government Welfare
5) Smart Growth– The surrender of local control
6) Green Energy– Leprechauns having sex
7) Social Justice– Communism
8) Hate Crimes– Reverse Racism
9) Gun Control- Government Paranoia
10) SAFE Act– Un-Protection
11) Political Correctness– Personality Prison
12) Global Warming– A clever way to steal your money
13) Climate Change– Back-up plan when Global Warming fails
14) Common Core– Social engineering
15) Common Good– Communism
16) Knockout Game– Hope & Change
17) Sustainability– A person who stutters describing the wicking nature of fabric
18) Multiculturalism– The surrender of Society
Dear Lord ~
Please give me the strength to live every moment of this day with Honor, Courage & Integrity!